Financing and credit?

I've resently aply for a refinanced of my property home, but my credit report shows some discrepancis from 10 years ago. what will be the ease way to to fix my dredit history? or what are my options on this matter? because there are things that i don't even know about?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Contact the credit reporting agencies and file a dispute on any inaccuracies, and contact the creditors who are reporting the wrong information to have them correct their records. Ask the creditors for letters on their letterhead as proof, and forward copies of those letters to the credit reporting agencies.

    Adverse debts remain on file for 7 years from the date of last activity, not from when they were opened, so check the date of last activity that was reported to find out when they will purge.

    Source(s): Work for credit reporting agency
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.