in any filipino dialect, what does "kiver" mean?

Favorite Answer

It is not any dialect, it is a gay word meaning who cares?!

Source(s): My wife is philippina.

What's up? Are you learning Filipino dialects? There are more than 86 dialects in the Philippines. I may be able to help you with only 5 dialects.

In Aklanon, "keber or Que ver", means no power over somebody, not responsible for someones bad behavior, unattached from someones bad decision.

This is actually an expression that is borrowed from the Spaniards.

There are so many of these borrowed Spanish words in the Visayan dialects that can not be literally translated. In fact, there are so many Spanish words in the dialects of the Philippines, especially in the Visayan Islands. For example, "leche" is a form of reprimand. The English translation is "milk." Another example is "puto," which is a delicacy made of rice flour. In Spanish, the English translation is "male prostitute." The feminine equivalent "puta" is equally the same in the Philippines and

Spanish languages. The English translation is "female prostitute."

Please note that the alphabets of the Philippines (only 19) is just like the English alphabets minus the following: C, F, J, Q, V, X, Z. You might want to compare this to the Spanish alphabets and see the difference between the alphabets of the Philippines. The words in the Philippines can borrow from the English alphabet if they are not available. For example, California, Forth Worth, Jalapeno, Quo Vadis, Viagra, Sexy, and Zebra.

There are no LL, RR, and accented N just like in the Spanish alphabet.

Good Luck.

After 6 Hours.

The other comments are also true because the expression "Que ver," has various meanings although it could mean, "I do not give a damn."

Euclidjr is also right about the 20-letter alphabet. I stand corrected (I missed the ng in my count).

The new 28-letter alphabet is a formality or should I say to create identity (sanctioned by Congress). The extra letters have been always used in the dialects (borrowed) as my examples. Since the creation of the Filipino language it never served the whole population of the Philippines because it is mostly based on the Tagalog dialect which is mainly spoken by the people in Metromanila. The people in the Nothern Region, Visayas, and Southern Region (Mindanao provinces) can not speak this so-called Filipino Language although it is taught at school. One has to live in Metromanila to be able to learn this controversial Filipino Language. How can you make one language out of 86 major dialects. Government documents in Aklan are written in English (with Hiligaynon translation and not even Aklanon). Even the sermons at church in Aklan are in Hiligaynon which is the official dialect of Iloilo province. What does it say then?

Here is a joke (at a party, there were ten married couples from 10 different provinces and cultures. They will never understand each other if each of the couples will speak their own dialects).

Texan Guy, "Why do Filipinos like to come to the United States of America?"

Filipino from Aklan, "In order for us to understand each other because here we all speak the English language."

Filipina from Mindanao, "I second the motion!"

Filipina from Ilocus Sur, "Me three."

Ati's claim of only 19 letters in the Filipino Alphabet is completely untrue. Since 1987, the Makabagong Alpabetong Pilipino (or Modern Filipino Alphabet) consists of 28 letters - all 26 of the English alphabet plus 2 letters - ñ and ng. He was probably referring to the Abakada which was the 20-letter alphabet introduced by Lope K Santos in 1973.

kiver is not actually part of a dialect... i myself use that often. upon hearing it, (depending on the person & on the situation) most of the time i means like.. who cares??!

and i think it was taken from spanish? i heard my grand mom said that before & she's spanish speaking..

Kiver is a slang filipino word that means "so what"!! !

"kiver" is a gay language...and i think the meaning is "pakialam ko".....