Can I expect a further help on my issue from all of you?

dear friends, last week i have shared my prblem with u all and got wonderful response for my query.(I have been cought for shop-lifting and released under bail upon submission of my passport at one of the retail outlets in dubai,a case is charged against me) the answers were consoling, sympathetic, attentive and pensive. i thank all of you for there with me and promise that i will abide the

guiding principles. till now i have not received any call from the cops and these waiting period I feel in the depth of despair, i am ready to face the punishement, but waiting for the punishement is really suicidal. my husband is aware of my situation and he told me that he will go to the retailers and talk to them on my behalf, he wants me to write a pleading letter requesting to withdraw the case and settle the issue paying the penelty . i need to check with you all that do you think it will be a right way, in that case what i should be writing to them. please advice ...i will be highly obli

Favorite Answer

Perhaps you can explain to them why you shoplifted, and assure them it will never happen again in their establishment or anywhere else. Tell them just how much you regret your actions, and are willing to pay for any and all damages you caused to their establishment if they will reconsider and not persue legal prosecution. The worst they can do is say no. You may as well at least try.

Yes, that is a good idea to try to settle this by writing a letter to the retailers and paying the penalty. It is very hard to know what to write.

You could write something like:

To whom it may concern,

I was caught shoplifting in your store a while ago and at this time I am on bail awaiting the punishment for my crime. I regret bitterly my devious and selfish act of taking something that did not belong to me. Though I told myself that as it was just a "store" I was not really hurting any one individual. I realise that eventually it hurts everybody (and even the customer eventually) I was obviously blinding myself deliberately to this fact and attempting to somehow justify my actions. Regardless of this, robbery under any nature is a crime. Even if one may feel he/she is justified. And certainly, I was not justified at all.

I do not know how on earth to ask you to forgive me for this, as it sounds as though I am simply regrettful due to my impending punishment. So my sincerity will be in doubt I am sure and that is understandable.

If however, you would give me any benefit of the doubt, i cannot tell you how much this would mean to me. You'd be doing me a great act of kindness, which would obviously be in stark contrast to my stealing from your store.

I don't really know what else to say. This has caused my husband a lot of pain and embarrassment and I feel ashamed that I have brought this on him, but more ashamed I could do this in the first place. How does one say "I won't do it ever again" and be believed? I could kick myself and worse for ever doing it at all.

I hate to say this, but in a sense I am glad I was caught. Not glad for what it has brought on my husband or myself, but I can certainly say that this has given me a very big jolt and something I needed. It has been a gut wrenching time for me, as well as all those involved. I am absolutely devastated! And so I should be.

I do not know if you are willing, but if you are, would you at all, consider withdrawing the case and instead accepting payment for what i have done? I will understand if you prefer to take it further, as obviously it is an unacceptable crime and one worthy of proper punishment and obviously to deter the criminal from committing further acts. However, I can at least ask and put this to you and hope/pray that you may allow me to do this.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I do hope you may offer me this chance.

Yours Sincerely

......