Kitty91 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Should I lose weight? And if I should, then, will starving myself be any good?

I am 163cm and weighs like, 50kg. Is this fat???? I dunno. So, I was thinking about starving myself...haha... will this work? maybe. but the real question is, is it good for me? If it's not, then, how? Exercise? Diet? anything else? anyone?

Favorite Answer

Don't you think thatst a common sense...??? Straving your self... Do you think it's good for you..? People die from doing that. The choice is yours.. but really try to think. i'm not trying to be mean..but come on...!!

I highly doubt you are fat. Depending on your body frame and height, it's possible that you could be overweight, but I can tell you now that starving yourself is definitely NOT the answer to any weight problem you may have. It's clear you don't think it will work, either, because you laughed at the thought! : )

Good old-fashioned diet and exercise, ANY expert will tell you, is the ONLY way to go. Regardless of whether or not you are really overweight, by following a healthy diet and the recommended amount of exercise, you can rest assured that any unnecessary weight will come off naturally just by you engaging in a proper lifestyle.

• seshu

As such you are not overweight as per BMI. 50 kgs is 110 pounds. 163 cms=5.4 inches and odd. You are healthy by weight till you reach about 145 pounds( from 110 to145 pounds) where after you will be overweight. Crossing BMI levels has some benefit lungs and infections wise but heart wise and mind wise it is advised to avoid early death.If you are bent on doing something, do weights training moderately after consulting your doctor/trainer. swimming Laps for 20 min is moderate sporting action and shoveling snow for 15 min is common chore.Sustained physical activity reduces cardiovascular diseases and diabetes if not reduces weight. at least 30 min of or more of physical activity on almost all days in the week is preferable.For you I don't think you can diet at least for some time more. avoid injury. play safe. Happy holidays. God bless.

If you are 5' 3½" you should weigh between 49 - 62 kilograms or between 108 pounds and 136 pounds. You are not overweight, you are at your "ideal" weight, so please do not starve yourself or go on a diet.

Starving yourself isn't a long term solution. If you are going to loose weight and keep it off you need to make changes you can realistically continue without dying or feeling miserable and deprived.

• Maggie

You're not fat! Exercise, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, drink lot's of water and enjoy sweets and desserts in moderation. Don't starve yourself, your body needs food to live!

no way 110 lbs and 5 ft 3 nope, just eat normal and excercise. Straving yourself is useless and always backfires

girl you are just fine. Just excercise and eat healthy. That does not enclude starving. you are not Fat.

Go on a seafood diet

See food you eat it

Exercise and eat right. No easy way out of it....

And you know starving yoursellf isnt good for you....