PLease HElp!! Problems with my toshiba laptop?

I was watching a movie and the computer turned off suddenly when I turn it on again it doesn't have any sound! I went to control panel and clicked on the sound icon and it said there are no devices found! what do i do ?? please help me

Favorite Answer

thats hardcore! ok here is solution

go to start menu, right click on the my computer, choose properties, choose Hardware and then Device manager and choose sound video, game controler, and choose audio codec and see what it says, you will get to know the problem and you will get to learn to solve the problem

Take care

i have had a similar problem with my toshiba laptop. Dont block the buttom fans of the laptop by placing it on the couch or something because it would over heat the computer and switch off. About the sound just try to restart the computer again it happens to me too. hope it works.

You could try going to the control panel then click "performance and maint". and under the "see also" side menu (upper left hand corner) click to do a system restore to before you watched the movie.

• .PANiC

Try visiting Toshiba.com and re-installing your sound driver.

maybe your sound card is gone