Why do ex's say they love you but dont want to be with you?

I know that you can love someone and not be in love, but my ex who I recently talked to ended out conversation with I love you. Now she doesn't call me at all or anything. We were finally communicating again and now she doesn't call. I'm not needy or anything but before when we were just getting back together she would call me everyday. Does this mean she's not as interested or is just taking things slow? Also should I call her on Christmas if I don't get a call, cause I know she wont call me cause she's a game player like that. Im confused and I told her that I was but I know what I want. She claims I'm still confused. Its just wierd. I think she may be keeping in touch just so someone can comfort her till she fidns a new dude. WTF why can't I get over this woman.

Care for my feelings? The things she did while we were together you don't do if you care. Ex: Having an ex boyfriend call her at bar close, lying about numbers, lying about how many times she slept with someone while we were broke up.

Favorite Answer

Because she doesn't love you but she cares enough not to want to hurt your feelings.

Or she's just using you because she knows you're gullable enough to even think about calling her.

• mac

In every relationship, there is always one that has the "upper hand" or cares more than the other- unfortunately, you are that one. You can love someone but not be "in love" with them but the things you say she is doing, she isn't worth your love-- there are a lot of women out there- move on---- she is NOT going to change for the better- you know it in your heart- you just need us to say it too.

Sorry, but life is precious and we should try to spend most of it happy and not wishing that we were--- spend Christmas with your family who really loves you, and look for someone who is the opposite of personalities of your ex- you may be pleasantly surprised.

I tell my folks that I love them when we end a conversation and I am not IN LOVE with them--she just might love you because just because you are not together doesn't mean that you stop loving someone--you still care you just weren't meant to be together--and by what you said she did to you I would take her loving you from a distance rather than in your face any day--feel fortunate and move on --find a gal that is worthy and trusting --

Give her some space, some relationships do need those.

Call her on Christmas and greet her she might appreciate that.

Time will tell if you two should stay as friends or lovers.