Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

I want brown hair with blonde high lights, but underneath the back of the hair I want it to stay brown?

Does anyone know what this is called? or what i am talking about? Or know a good website with pictures that might have this hair style I want to show my hair stylist how I want it done!


I meant to put it under the hair catergory! but I clicked too fast and it put me under make up! So bare with me please.

7 Answers

  • Astrid
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I guess a "partial weave" would be the technical, hair stylists name for it, but I just Googled it and it came up with hair extensions. The style you mentioned is more commonly known as a "top deck" top deck chocolate, light above and dark underneath. At least that's what it's referred to as here in Australia. I do know what you're talking about... just explain specifically what you want done, to your hair stylist. I'm sure she'll know, she's got qualifications and has probably styled hair in the way you describe dozens of times.

    Source(s): 14 year old Aussie ~Grade 10 2007!~
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Ask your stylist for "heavy crown highlights" and consult with them to pick three or four shades of blonde to brown you want for the top. This will give you a lighter effect on top with a darker effect on bottom while still keeping a somewhat natural look. When hair is lightened by the sun, the look you're trying to achieve is what happens naturally so this is actually a very natural looking end result with highlights.

    Good luck!

  • 1 decade ago

    A partial weave. You also just need to explain it to your hairdresser that you only want the top or crown of the head highlighted. I am sure your hairdresser does it all the time and would know right away what you are talking about. Good luck with the hair!

  • 1 decade ago

    You want highlights! The best way is with aluminum foil. A knowledgable hair stylist will know what you are talking about if you tell her/him that you want it done with the foil. When done right, it's beautiful! Good luck!

    Source(s): I have mine done that way and have done it myself.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Me and my sister are thinking get the top layers high lighted and leave the bottom alone!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    sounds nice. just tell ur hairdresser what you said on here and show her the pic. if she's good, she should be able to do it- no probs!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    yep you want it to look bleached, lol well i work so hard to hide my roots and you want to show them, i dont think its much of a style.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.