Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

please tell me where i can get an online appraisal free of charge?

my dad has several items that he thinks might be of some value.. and he cant afford some high priced appraisal . he is on a fixed income and this is puzzling him they were thing he has collected down through the years .. if you can think of a site i might could upload pics or describe these items for appraisal would be of great help thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If there is an auction house in your area, like Bonhams & Butterfield, they usually have a free day once or twice a year where you can bring in 3 or 4 items for free appraisal. They do this in the hopes that you'll use them to auction the items (and get a percentage). But you're not required to do that.

There are also some newspaper columnists who will answer questions about your items.

That being said, if you google "online appraisals" you'll get a bunch of hits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.