Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts ยท 1 decade ago

How long would it take a Beginner to reach the rank of Shodan....?

or first degree Blackbelt in Aikido. And does the instructor impact the development of the student in the budo, or does the individuals diligence have more impact on how rapidly they learn?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It really depends on how long the student takes to learn the foundational basics. Yes, the instructor impacts the development of the student and it's also in part to the individuals dilligence and desire. For sake of argument, anywhere from 3 to 5 years or even longer depending on the style, teacher, and belt system.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

instructor is very important.... make sure where u train trains 4 real... so it can be used inna a fight... if u haf 2...basicly the rougher the randori the better...... ne way i have seen it done in 1 year cas sum guys werein down time in the marines so thats all they did 24/7 and i know this guy who just tested 4 his shodan after like 13 years... (i think he had a break) ne ways how much u train and how you train will effect how fast u progress.. and is more important... u dont believe me? go tell a karate school u do aikido... they will laugh at you because they dont expect you 2 be able 2 fight out of a wet paper bag.... its how u train.... randori should kill you....

• 1 decade ago

minimum of 1 year

Source(s): i train in tomiki aikido
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.