iPod Nanos?

how do i hook up my nano so it will play in my car? does it matter that i dont have the radio that actually came with the truck? i just have a cd player

Favorite Answer

Do you have a tape player? I know there's adapters that plug in the tape player. I'm sure there's something similar for cd players.

There are a couple of ways, depending on what you've got in the car.

You may have already checked this, but just in case, have a look on the CD player, to see if there's a place you can plug your iPod into (it'll be the same as where you plug your iPod into headphones). If there is, you'll just need to get a cable (it'll be a "3.5mm to 3.5mm cable" male to male). You'd be able to get this at most electronics stores (Radio Shack, the like).

If you have a tape deck, you can buy a tape that has a cable running from it that plugs into the iPod. You just put the tape in to the car, plug the cable into your iPod and listen to the "tape".

If you have an FM tuner in the car, you can buy an FM transmitter. This plugs into your iPod, and you choose a frequency. You then just tune your radio in the car into this frequency and away you go. Again, you should be able to get one of these from a good electronics store.

Apple also has some solutions that charge your iPod as well or mount into the car or whatever =D. You can check them out at:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/A...

(assuming your in the US here... obviously, to buy them from a different country just go that countries apple store).

Best of luck.

3 options of connection. A Tape Adapter which you cannot use since you have a CD Deck. An FM Modulator that will work on some CD decks that include FM/AM Tuner (You mentioned you don't have a radio but some come with it so double check) You can get high quality modulators anywhere from $40.00 - 100.00. Or if you don't have a radio you can by hard-wire cables to connect your I-Pod to your reciever in the car, some decks are not compatable.

Source(s): I sell MP3 Players of all types including I-Pod Nanos, Work with Cd players for home and car use and all other matters of electronics.
  • ibarra

i could flow with the iPod touch because of the fact of basic touch-show navigation and a intense high quality length show. The show length is suitable for taking part in video clips on the flow. The music sounds super interior the direction of the headphones, yet you could in basic terms use the headphones that come out of the field, no different headphones will in fantastic condition. 8GB won't be that plenty, yet once you dont % to apply lots of memory, 8GB would be o.k.. in case you % to get a extra low-fee iPod flow with the classic, yet i do propose the touch.

well, in my car i still have the cassette tape thing. so i have this tape that has a cord attached to it and at the end it looks like a headphone (here's what i'm talking about: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/A... ) but if you only have a cd player, then you can't connect it to your car. unless you have about $100 to buy the integrated ipod system and have it installed to you car, you can't listen to it on the road.

theres a car charger that will let listen to it through the car system as it charges. Its from apple, so you can most likely find it at a local apple store, or online.

I think there is a special accessory for this.