Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Have any of you broken off an engagement?

I left my fiancee for another man. I am much happier now but I feel guilty. Any of you have a similar experience?

Favorite Answer

broke one off..for good reason..never looked back, never had any regrets

I also broke an engagement but it wasn't for another man.

The reason you are feeling so guilty is because, all the while you were with your X, you knew he thought you loved him.

Then all of a sudden you dump him for someone else!!

In my oppinion you should feel guilty, why?

Because you are!!

When a man or a woman leaves someone they are supposed'

to be in love with, for someone else, that says a lot about your charactor.

Have you ever wondered what this new guy might be thinking.

He may wonder if you'll do the same thing to him some day, and if he isn't thinking that then you deserve each other.

• NoMaD!

I have only been engaged once and she did the same thing to me. After years later and reading his myspace my friend found she married him and then divorced the guy taking him for everything he had. In spite of all of that it was the best thing she could have done for me as it was more of an immature infatuation than love I had come to find later on after the split. It was truly for the best that she left when she did.

-NmD!

I have not, but I would say that if your happier now then that is all that matters. It is better to have end what would have probably turned into a divorce. I truly believe your happiness is what you have to thrive off of. Good luck to you and the fellow now : ).

• TOM

i broke off the engagement,but then ended up marrying that woman:) been together 24yrs now