Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

how can i control my temperament when person don't understand me?? :-)?

Favorite Answer

There is a book called "Please Understand Me", I forget the author.

One Summer I had to team teach a Summer Camp with a very nice woman, but we kept clashing & I was frustrated trying to work it out.

She asked if I would be interested in that book and viola!-light!

It has a fun and very accurate personality profile to fill in. After that, you can read on your strengths and weak areas, and how others might misinterpret these strengths, and vice-verse, and how to respect each other without handing over your own intrinsic beliefs.

That was one of the best things I ever did.

Learning how to respect yourself and others at the same time, even while disagreeing, is a major part of happily maturing and an art to be constantly refined.

This book is the best start that I could ever recommend, along with praying for insight and patience appropriate to a situation.

Hope you like it too, and Merry Christmas!

Source(s): experience, "Please Understand Me", authors I can't remember

take a deep breath and walk away, and CONSTANTLY REMIND yourself not to lead to rashness. also, think of how you can express yourself in a different manner such that the person will understand. sometimes when you're pissed you can't express yourself clearly.

as human beings, we all go through similar situations all the time, so it's ok don't lose your head over such, oki? :)

Realize that were are all complicated creatures and that not everyone will understand you. Stop and think about what you say before you say it and try to explain in ways that others may understand. Most importantly, have patience.

• Jay S

walk away and think. Come back to it when you thought out both sides of the issue. Remember that there is two sides of every story.

just walk away...or take a breather if you need one step away from the situation and give yourself time to think about what has happened and how you Want to react..don't let your anger get the best of you.

Leave the setting and go back to your car. Smoke a joint, come back out and try again.

walk away

go bang your head on a wall and they will.

yell SERENITY NOW!!