promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
spackler asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Since Yahoo has been doing so much censoring, do you find the questions on here uninteresting?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes, but more than that I don't understand WHY they censor some of the things they do, and not others. Some censoring seems really arbitrary.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The questions here are not uninteresting. Unfortunately, what is interesting is how stupid (ok, uninteresting) both questions and answers alike have become. Some of this is likely due to the ubiquitous nature of yahoo. Compare this to serious forums found elsewhere on the web and you will find that they do not suffer from the idiocy found here. I don't think this will change. The more serious forums are more specific and thus not likely to attract adolescent pranksters and the like. Perhaps censoring is not the problem, rather what is censored is.

• 1 decade ago

I'm probably going to be voted down a million points for saying this, but there needs to be MORE "censorship" here on Yahoo Answers. I call it moderation, not censorship, but to each their own.

I mean, there a lot of the "questions" on here are really just unanswerable topic generators ("Did anyone see Stupid Reality Show and how ugly so-and-so looked?1!!1!") Seriously, why not just post at some TV forum/blog and stop polluting the site and making it less useful for the rest of us? /end-rant

Of course, censoring political discussions or whatever because they are embarrassing to Yahoo! is uncool, but hey, its their site and their necks/bottom line if something should go wrong so its totally their right/obligation.

Its a big Internet . . . if its boring here, there's always something else:)

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Lately it's been uninteresting. All the questions in the world has been asked that they end up asking the most stupid and lame questions they can come up with.

We need a dose of imagination and a ton of inspiration.

Bring on the good questions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

yes i do find it boring at times the way you have to word your question and your answer can be a drag at times because some people will report you for the silliest things if they don't want the truth then why ask a question is my main thing sometimes censorship sucks

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

some questions are so over the top, that they need to be removed, and aren't.....and some that seem ok, are pulled......I asked once would anyone like to say where they are from...and I got a violation email...but the goofball who asked can I use my empty pringles potato chip can as a condom was allowed......go figure......

• 1 decade ago

Well would you want your kid reading this without the stars?

******* *** **** etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.