Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know why we become angry more than happy? Do you fight that feeling?

Do you think it is easier to be a hater than a lover, of mankind?

Meaning mankind can always find fault in anything, so is it just a lazy approach than understanding, patience, and wisdom?

What are your remedies, and what are your beliefs?

Favorite Answer

May I say I am happy much more than angry...in fact I'm seldom angry. So, your question caught my attention.

To be angry, we must believe that someone is doing something wrong, and that we are right. They are bad and we are good. It arises from basic self preservation, and a belief in perpetrators and victims.

However, what if everyone was really doing the best they could under the circumstances of who they are, what they believe, and their own self preservation instinct. This includes you.

Pray to the God of your understanding to see the Truth. Ask to see other's and yourself with non judgment, compassion, and forgiveness.

Anger uses a lot of energy, and like a fire, grows with feeding. Don't talk to others when angry, and do not associate with angry people. Don't go over things in your mind that increase your anger. Hang out with happy, peaceful people.

Assume that most everyone is just trying their best to make their way through the smokey maze of life.

Live to give and not to get. Always be looking for what you can do to increase happiness, peace, and compassion around you, and do it. Much joy will ensue.

Absolutely. It's easier for us to be mad at someone and just shrug them off then to try to understand them. understanding doesn't come natural to us, so we take what comes natural which is not caring. for some people it's just plain hard to be happy. They take it more as a burden then a priveledge. Yes I sometimes fight that feeling and I find myself laughing thinking WHY CAN'T I JUST BE CONTENT?? The truth is our flesh doesn't want to be content. We constantly want something to be wrong so that we have something to talk about. Because unfortunately this would be a boring world to girls if there wasn't any drama. Well at least to most girls. I personally could live without drama. But that's what it all comes down to, DRAMA. people treat this life as if it was a stage and we have to play our parts. And anger in a play is much more entertaining than happiness.

• LORD Z

On the circular track of life there are many piles of manure that if left there will only ripen and stink the place up unless somebody cleans them off the track. It is the lazy person who looks at one of these piles and does nothing knowing that others will remove the manure for everyone. But if you are one of the ones who moves the manure while others stand idly by, odds are in time you will harden your heart to others as they care not what burdens they place on you. Sometimes, hatred is love trying to tell others that they are making a mistake by not sharing in the workload. Sometimes patience and wisdom is just sloth wrapped up with a pretty bow on top. If you want to end hatred learn to share your neighbor's burdens and teach them how to share your own burdens as well. Do this and in time all around you will be happier for having known you.

I think it is all in the interpretation of experiences. Some people have awful things happen but remain positive and overcome, Others have nothing go wrong but make it bad for themselves by interpreting everything in a bad light. We all make choices whether conscious of it or not to love or to hate to look for the best or the worst. You are going to live a happier life if you try and find the good side to everything. You are not going to be so easily angered if you try and understand before you react. But there are some sorts of Anger that are good. Like outrage at human rights violations. I think Anger isn't so bad it is just how you use it. If you control it or it controls you.

Because our selfishness is being frustrated.

If we were egoless and totally self-forgetting, loving the "other" with a pure love, there would be no cause for anger (except when an objective wrong is present - that is different).

When I get angry, I resort to prayer.

That always works as God calms my emotions as repressing them on my own never works but merely buries them *alive.*

---

Personally, I believe that it all depends on your life's experiences. Bad experiences harden your heart and make you bitter, good ones leave you with a brighter outlook. To me, mankind has many faults, but at its heart is a beautiful thing.

• Mimi

A wise man does not get angry more often than happy.

A wise man loves his neighbour and keeps the hatred out of his heart. My remedy is the little God I try to harbour in my heart. Because God is love and compassion. Nothing else. There is no such thing as "a" God, there is only want for love and compassion.

Anger is an avenue for hate, as well as violence, sometimes

we have to use this when faced with pure hatred and rage.....

But, we should only use anger as a self defence mechanism,

do not let it control your life, sometimes the need for revenge

can define who we become......................................................

Try not to react to that anger and hatred, with the same feelings,

and you can sort something out without loss of life....................

Anger leads to abuse, abuse leads to crime and murder, anger

can sometimes be a self defense mechanism, but not the answer for everyone.......................................................................

If you feel anger, leave try to do something else, do react though

and try not to feel discouraged by the rage you feel, just try not

to let it control you all your life.....

Mankind can be out of control, sometimes anger pushes you

outwards towards a ledge you will fall off, if you do not react

in time and find someone to pull you out........................................

It is easier to hate than love, but better to love than hate, sometimes, you should forgive someone and sometimes

you need to get them out of your life so that you can

redefine who you are inside, and not have a person in

your life that makes you react in anger..............................................................................................

Everyone finds fault with everything you do, ask me I have

done it to to someone at different times, we all let fear cause

us to find fault....Look for the faults in yourself first, if you are

not the problem then find yourself - be alone find someone

who you do not feel pressurised into finding fault with...................

Everyone's a critic - try to react in a measured way when some-

one strips you nude and hangs you out to dry, for your past

actions......Feel sorry for them then leave.....................................

Understanding patience and wisdom do not always work, sometimes a hard decision has to be made regarding an

angry reaction to something someone has done..........................

Try to find an alternative to the anger, if not see a psych,

always try love and understanding, write a song, do not be

an idealist though because life is harder and harder, for

everyone to get through everyday, there are those people

out there, for whom violence is a daily fact of life......................

Beliefs - Love heals - but not always - you need to critique

yourself and others fairly, so as to be just..................................

Find a valid outlet for the seething passion inside of you

which makes you see red or green, then you can see

blue and lilac instead....................................................................

Do some blogwashing of your own..............................................

Source(s): Simone Ozbolt

i think that you posted this question beacause your not comfortable with anger. maybe i'm wrong but that's how it hit's me first ,anger

i think it's easier for some reason

maybe beacause anger is less vulnerable an understanding i feel is looked at as week

good for you for noticing

your lucky to have insight

or cursed

wow i hope i helped

its the result of having a fictitious self.

if youre selfless you dont suffer that way.