Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Plucki asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 decade ago

What's then meaning of the name,"Ouida."?

It was the name I already had before being adopted in Seattle. My adoption was finalized in Tacoma,WA where I grew up. I've always wondered about the meaning of this very weird name. Thanx!

• Favorite Answer

feminine of the middle eastern name Daoud.

the version we are familiar with is David.

Hebrew name meaning friend/beloved

your particular spelling may vary.

Source(s): we know this to be true. we are the council of golden retrievers.

Ouida (January 7, 1839 РJanuary 25, 1908) was the pen name of the English novelist Maria Louise Ram̩ (although she referred to be known as Marie Louise de la Ram̩e).

It was also a name on american female warrior.

I hope this helps!

I had a professor for my online course at college, his name was Ouida, and he was a second or third generation American of Lebanse decent.

Source(s): He told us