Tiffany jewelry for 13 year olds?

I live in the North Shore of Chicago, at my school, every girl as at least one thing from tiffany, including myself. Do you think it's weird that 13 year olds have this stuff?

Favorite Answer

tiffany jewelry isnt THAT expensive...until you get into the diamonds....

chances are you and all your friends have "return to tiffany" jewerly which the most expensive piece is less thn $200....

its not weird...but in very poor taste that you ask us...kinda like you want us to say WOW!!!!

I think that if you are flaunting the fact that you have Tiffany jewelry, you are thinking a bit much of yourself. If it a piece that you really like, it shouldn't matter where it came from. My parents bought me Tiffany jewelry each year from the age of 15 on and a beautiful diamond ring for my sweet 16. I don't go around telling people that I have it.

• Pat C

O.K. I'll play the game. I think almost every adult person would not give a child an expensive piece of jewelry to wear to school. Why don't you try to be different and design your own jewelry. Here's a web site that has everything you'll need to get started. www.dickblick.com. You could also try www.firemountaingems.com.

No. I'm a lot older than you, but I found some reasonably price jewelry at Tiffany in New York. If you are responsible with your possessions, go for it. My husband bought our three granddaughters diamond earrings for their first Christmas.

• Jen

Yes, I do think it's weird. I don't see the point in young teens having that kind of jewelry yet. In my mind, if you parents have the money for that sort of thing, it should be a Sweet Sixteen gift.

But that being said every tax bracket has their status symbols. If that's the status symbol for yours, then me thinking it's weird is not going to change it.

No It's not weird to wear tiffany jewelry if you like it. I think you over think what eveone is wearing at your school. So what that everone wears it you do to so your not being left out so whats the big deal.

Are you just trying to get people to say, "OMG, that's not fair!! You are soo lucky!" ?

Because its not gonna happen.

Its fine if 13 year olds have this jewelry, [[I'm 17]] but don't post something on Yahoo Answers just to get people to be jealous of you.

i don't think its weird i just believe that it is a little over the top. i am 18 and go to high school in st.charles and people have fancy cars. but its not about the cars and the jewelry its about what you do with your life and what you plan to do with it.

Yes, I don't think it's necessary for daddy's little princesses to have expensive jewelry at that age.

yes, precisely. kids nowadays get to hold onto expensive stuff. and it's rather weird, as they're wearing the stuff on, not knowing it's purpose and value. and i don't think the kids used them in an appropriate occasion/setting..??..