jongcr asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

Is boxing still a racist sport?

I remember how racist HW boxing was in the 90s. Are there still racist fans and boxers?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i dont care just want to see the fight.....makes the fight better when they hate each other

• 1 decade ago

When Jack Johnson fought, definetly. Now with Don King in charge of one of the most important promotion companies I can't see anyone able to call this sport racist. Crooked yes, racist no.

• arleta
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you have have been given a valid think approximately regards to the race stuff however the UFC is fading quickly. they have one guy on the actual who fights a pair of times a year and that's relatively it. Brock and Cain took are long gone so now its basically Silva and Bones.

• Everyone bleeds red, i think boxers understand that. They hate all colors equally.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There would be more white champs but they have the oppertunity to use thier ...anyone that is afforded an education would be stupid to use thier body to make a livivng...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, but the "slavic brotherhood" will change that in the coming years.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes it is very racist. Look how people treat the russian champions. Those guys will cripple any fighter from the innercity projects.

• Pat C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't see how you can call it a racist sport. Black men beat up on white men. White men beat up on black men.Black men beat up on black men etc. There is no discrimination among idiots.

• smitty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

SOME OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN YAHOO BOXING ARE RACIST.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

since racism is everywhere in this country,i would say it is in boxing and other sports as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.