Why do people try to tell others how to live their lives when their lives arent any better?

I have a friend how likes to tell me what to do and who to date, I dont know what to do about it.

Favorite Answer

It's called 'Hypocrites'.

People like that love to tell others what to do/how to do things,

but don't even do them themselves.

To me they are 'ego-maniacs', pretending to be something they are not, and what they are 'not' is your personal instructor on how to live your life.

Tell him/her to 'BUTT' out of your life!!

Source(s): Grandma
  • people like your friend are very rampant here in my environment. i dont know exactly why they do things like that but i am so sure they just want to feel helpful.

maybe there is no other way to help but give lame advices which they arent an expert at all.

I THINK the best way to help a friend is just LISTEN and RESPECT whatever her/his decision may be.

SOmetimes, i do that too. i tell others what to do when they are doubtful on sumthing. playing devil's advocate..

you dont have to do anything that will hurt your friend's feelings. just ignore the advice and if she insists, tell her to respect you. ^^

Ditto!

Some advise is worth taking BUT he may want you to do what he perhaps would do. But because he is not you, just listen and correct him when you disagree.

Sometimes people just like to hear themselves talk. He wants to be like you and basically he may be a little insecure about how you are living your life versus how he is living his. He means no real harm or does he??

Just stop listening to him or telling him about what you are planning to do. Make a decision (on your own) for once and stick with it.

You can do it!

That's why they tell you, because their lives aren't any better. They can't get some things in their life, so they want to help others get theirs, and share in their happiness.It's a means of consoling oneself. Ridiculous, right? Think about it.

I would tell her thanks for the advice or I will take your advice into consideration, don't let her run your life for you, not matter if you are in a relationship or just friends, no one has the right to run the other's life for them.

first of all you own your life not your friend.. you should see who are your real friend... i had the same problem and it turn out that my b-friend was jelouse... so sit your friend down and ask her whats her deal... no one will tell you who to date and how... only you..

It is easier to play God with someone else than to work on your own faults.

Tell her to mind her own business. Just like that.

because it's easier said than done.

as for you friend's case, he/she may just be bossing around.

• ?

to try to make themselves feel superior

THEY ARE MAD.