Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is it embarrassing to wear a watch that costs about $10?

I'm thinking of giving this to a friend for his b-day, will he be embarrassed to wear this $10 watch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CASIO-Strap-Fashion-INDEX-DIAL...

ok. . . . . . . .

Nevermind, I'll just get him a cd.

Favorite Answer

no way! i wear a 3 dollar one from burger king and i love it!!!!!!!!! so do my friends who have matching ones

hmm I would NEVER give a 10 dollar watch as a gift, not to a friend that is just too cheap and yes the person might not want a cheap watch. I would spend 10 bucks but on something else, does your friend like to read? a $10 gift card for Barnes and Noble or Borders is a very cool gift, they have puzzles, magazines and all kinds of cool books there about all kinds of things your friend might be interested in

Can't think why he would mind. Who's going to know it cost $10 if you don't tell them? I've seen watches that cost more than my car and looked about as good as a Timex. If he likes it and it works, what does it matter what it costs?

It is not embarrassing to wear a cheap watch, anyway, who knows these days if a watch is cheap or expensive?

NO, there are a lot of decent looking $10 watches. I wear one.

I have bought some $5.00 watches that look as good as the more expensive ones, but they run a heck of a lot longer.

hey, i wear a $10 watch but it looks like its worth maybe 50. so it depends on whether you can tell its a cheap watch or not. =)

it is only embarassing to wear a $10 watch that looks like a $10,000 watch.

• Absolutely not. Nobody could tell anyway! I mean, if you look at a person, is their watch the very first thing you're going to look at and judge them by? If you do, you have some serious issues!

Hey no way, If you don't buy it I will. oh no wait it's in US dollars, so on conversion it would cost me about AUS$13.00.