promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Is it embarrassing to wear a watch that costs about $10?

I'm thinking of giving this to a friend for his b-day, will he be embarrassed to wear this $10 watch?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CASIO-Strap-Fashion-INDEX-DIAL...

Update:

ok. . . . . . . .

Update 2:

Nevermind, I'll just get him a cd.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

no way! i wear a 3 dollar one from burger king and i love it!!!!!!!!! so do my friends who have matching ones

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

hmm I would NEVER give a 10 dollar watch as a gift, not to a friend that is just too cheap and yes the person might not want a cheap watch. I would spend 10 bucks but on something else, does your friend like to read? a $10 gift card for Barnes and Noble or Borders is a very cool gift, they have puzzles, magazines and all kinds of cool books there about all kinds of things your friend might be interested in

• 1 decade ago

Can't think why he would mind. Who's going to know it cost $10 if you don't tell them? I've seen watches that cost more than my car and looked about as good as a Timex. If he likes it and it works, what does it matter what it costs?

• 1 decade ago

It is not embarrassing to wear a cheap watch, anyway, who knows these days if a watch is cheap or expensive?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO, there are a lot of decent looking $10 watches. I wear one.

• 1 decade ago

I have bought some $5.00 watches that look as good as the more expensive ones, but they run a heck of a lot longer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hey, i wear a $10 watch but it looks like its worth maybe 50. so it depends on whether you can tell its a cheap watch or not. =)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is only embarassing to wear a $10 watch that looks like a $10,000 watch.

• Absolutely not. Nobody could tell anyway! I mean, if you look at a person, is their watch the very first thing you're going to look at and judge them by? If you do, you have some serious issues!

• 1 decade ago

Hey no way, If you don't buy it I will. oh no wait it's in US dollars, so on conversion it would cost me about AUS$13.00.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.