promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 1 decade ago

does gettign fake nails often damage ur nails?? Ay side efects?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wearing fake nails for too long at the time CAN cause damage to your own nails.Your own nails must have air or they will turn yellow,can develop infection, and may even cause loss of the nails.Nail polish will also cause this.Good alternative-take a calcium pill every day (be sure to check with your Dr. before taking ANY kind of medicines!) and grow your own!

Source(s): own personal experience
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tara
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Putting on the actual fake nails, yes it ruins your nails. The glue and the acrylics that are put on your nails tear off quite a few layers of your nail, and many people bleed when they are removed. However, an alternative would be to get just a manicure, they will fix your cuticles and such and paint your nails and they do it very well, it feels very good, and does no damage to your nails.

• 1 decade ago

I think so b/c my sister says the glue eats ur original nail, I think after u try 2 pull them off that it rips ur nail off with the fake nail.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One thing for sure is that your nails won't be able to breathe, with that fake nail over the glue. Imagine that pressure!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • It can leave you with dry cuticles AND can leave small white scars on your fingernails, but these with grow out with your fingernails - so don't worry! You wouldn't have the mark for life! Apart from it also possibly reducing the thickness of your nails, that is pretty much all to worry about.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hate fake nails...they look so...fake

Manicures are the way to go.

And yes they do damage your nails. They become weak and brittle after you take them off.

Not really worth it

• 1 decade ago

It is very hard on your nails. It makes them weak and brittle and also getting them done often makes your likelyhood of getting some sort of nail problem (infection, fungus) from unproperly cleaned manicure tools much higher!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, you can get a horrid fungus of the nail that will ruin your nails forever, fake nails are totally without purpose, they are truly ugly, they dont look natural so what is the point.

• 1 decade ago

Everyone I know that has worn them said their real nails get really weak and break easy.

• 1 decade ago

getting acrylic or fake nails usually makes them weak and they tend to thin out after you have had them on for a while, sometimes the glue can turn color like my friend had experianced (it turned yellow-ish in color)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.