I have another question for Muslims.?

Please explain the death sentence for people who leave Islam, which is still defended and/or practiced in many countries by many Muslims. If you don't know, please don't answer, and please don't deny it either because there's more than enough proof of it and I personally know for a fact that it exists. Ten points in four hours to the best answerer.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • MAJ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no such law of this kind in Islam.

Some extremists think in this way.

What is the punishment of a soldier who runs away in a war from his battalion. It is death in almost all countries.

So a Muslim is a soldier in the God's army. If a Muslim changes his religion he is running away in the middle of a war.

And just to add that you can not take the word of few extremists as the word of the religion. If this is the case then killing of Jews is a very noble deed for Christians (Hitler)

Europeans burned women blaming them to be witches. (in the dark ages)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sadly, this practice does exist, though I think it's rarely enacted (that may be because the threat is so effective).

It's just plain wrong.

• 1 decade ago

Question:

What is the Islamic ruling on someone who is a Muslim(who is in Islam) but converts to some other religion later on, or leaves it???

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Apostasy (riddah) means disbelieving after being Muslim. There is no bad deed that cancels out all good deeds apart from apostasy. If a person dies in a state of apostasy all his good deeds will be wiped out, but if he returns to Islam, the reward for his good deeds will be restored and he does not have to make up any prayers or fasts that he missed during the period of his apostasy.

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] said:

With regard to apostasy from Islam, whereby a person becomes a kaafir, whether a mushrik or a Jew or Christian, if he dies in that state then all his good deeds will be wiped out, according to scholarly consensus, as the Qur’aan says in more than one place. For example Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter”

[al-Baqarah 2:217]

“And whosoever disbelieves in Faith, [i.e. in the Oneness of Allaah and in all the other Articles of Faith i.e. His (Allaah’s) Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work”

[al-Maa’idah 5:5]

“But if they had joined in worship others with Allaah, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them”

[al-An’aam 6:88]

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/257, 268)

left">With regard to the shar’i rulings on apostates, if the apostate does not return to Islam, he must be executed.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., punishment for murder), a married man or woman who commits adultery, and one who leaves his religion and separates from the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6484; Muslim, 1676

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6922).

Then if he is executed, he has died as a kaafir, so he is not to be washed or shrouded; the funeral prayer is not to be offered for him, and he is not to be buried in the Muslim graveyard. On the Day of Resurrection he will be one of the people of Hell who will abide therein for eternity.

The earth rejected the body of an apostate during the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as a lesson and a warning to the onlookers.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: There was a Christian man who became Muslim. He used to recite al-Baqarah and Aal ‘Imraan, and he used to write down (the revelation) for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Then he returned to Christianity and he used to say, “Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.” Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, “This is the doing of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away

from them.” They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, “This is the doing of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them.” They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they realized that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and they had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3421; Muslim, 2781.

And Allaah knows best.

Question:

My question is I have left Islam and returned three diffrent times,I feel that the reason for this is the beliefs that I have had in the past are imbedded in me what can I do to establish true Iman wa taqwa and feel comfortably in this deen

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:19]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

Source(s): The essence of Islam is submission to Allaah alone, by worshipping Him alone with no partner or associate, and by obeying Him and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The basic principle of Islam is bearing witness that there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah. Every Muslim must practise the religion of Islam, devoting his worship sincerely to Allaah and following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever adheres to that until he dies will be one of the people of Paradise, but whoever does not enter Islam before he dies will be among the people of Hell. Whoever enters Islam then goes back (to kufr) is an apostate and a kaafir, and if he dies in that state of kufr (disbelief) he will be one of the people of Hell. But if he repents and comes back to Islam, and remains a Muslim until he dies, his apostasy will not affect him, and he will be one of the people of Paradise, even if he fell into apostasy more than once. But there is the fear that this repeated leaving Islam will cause him not to be guided to repentance. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe (again), and (again) disbelieve, and go on increasing in disbelief; Allaah will not forgive them, nor guide them on the (right) way” [al-Nisaa’ 4:137] So hasten to repent sincerely and adhere to Islam, fulfilling the obligations that Allaah has enjoined on His slaves, the greatest of which are the five daily prayers. Avoid sin, and ask your Lord to make you steadfast in adhering to His religion. If you lose enthusiasm then seek the help of Allaah and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan. If you find that you are experiencing insinuating whispers which are causing you to doubt Islam or some of its principles, then turn away from them (those whispers), and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, and say “I believe in Allaah and His Messenger.” You should recite Qur’aan, and read books which will make you love Islam and encourage you to obey Allaah, such as Riyaadh al-Saaliheen by Imaam al-Nawawi, and the Tafseer (Qur’aanic commentary) of al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di, Tayseer Kalaam al-Rahmaan fi Tasfeer Kalaam al-Mannaan. Beware of books which make you doubt Islam and make sin attractive to you. Beware of bad company, for they are the devils among men. You should make friends with those who will help you to remain steadfast. Beware of arguing about matters of religion, for this causes anxiety and confusion. Strive to worship Allaah, for He guides those who strive for His sake to the straight path. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our paths (i.e. Allaah’s religion — Islamic Monotheism). And verily, Allaah is with the Muhsinoon (good-doers)” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:69]
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.