promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Acting????

At the moment, i can't do much acting b/c of school, But are there any ways to improve it on my own? Like anything i could do at home? I have dreams of going on broadway. Please help me thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Video tape yourself performing pieces and critique yourself, noting everything you liked and didn't like.

Practice miming to get in touch with your body. If you're into theatre acting, you're going to need the slighty exaggerated movements for the stage.

Practice different voices or try to sing several different pieces so you can find out all the places your voice can go.

And then when you feel prepared, have your parents or friends watch monologues you memorize and then have them critique you. Even if they aren't the best comments, you'll still get something. Because you need outside critique.

hope this helps! break a leg!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Read scripts!! Read as many as you can and study up on the different acting methods from Stanislavsky to Meisner!

• 1 decade ago

there are plenty of things you can do while your in school.....i do it perfectly fine...i take acting classes and musical theater dance classes and tap classes and work a part time acting job and i am ok with it

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1451 BROADWAY... MY AGENT MICHAEL LEVINE.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.