I have decided to divorce my wife. What plan and preparation would you advise?

And don't give me the "work things out" stuff. Things are beyond that point. I am leaving. She does not yet know. I need to know what to expect during this process. How should I prepare? By the way, no children involved.

Favorite Answer

Depends on what state you're in. If it is a community property state (ask an attorney), half of what you acquired during marriage is community property and must be split evenly. Also, unless your spouse waives support, or makes as much or more money than you, expect to pay spousal support for a period of time (depending on the length of the marriage and some other factors). If she gets pissed about the divorce she can make it uncomfortable and expensive. Once you drop the bomb on her it will be difficult to talk. Good luck.

Good luck. I'd hate to think about losing my shirt to the wife just because we are getting a divorce, with no kids involved.

Do what Rocky did when Apollo died drive your car around listening to "there's no easy way out"

The honest thing is tell her and leave her

the dishonest thing is to find a girlfriend

Dishonest people live longer and happier

Be civil and try to come to mutual agreements this will save you a lot of money. you can use a paralegal you draw up your papers witch is a lot cheaper. try to keep everything civil cause if it gets to lawyers it is going to tear you guys up and get expensive.

if one of you still have feelings, its gonna be EXTREMELY ROUGH!!! if you live in a community property state, she is entitled to anything that you have aquired while married. be ready to compromise, and fight through your lawyers, not in person... im sorry that your marriage did not work out :( ps, could be expensive, depending on issues, and property

Buy plane ticket to Sweden. Take all you assets in cash. Accidentally kill wife. Fly fast.

ask her for a no fault divorce. . in my opion? very cheap as well . my opion?

• get a better attorney than she can

Just do your job and have fun with friend

Buying life insurance! Please write me as your beneficiary hehehe!!!