Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

is mercy killing morally justified ?

Favorite Answer

Nope its Not in anyway !!!........this is also a murder even if the person is killed for his own sake and getting him out of the misery he was suffering from. But i would call it murder or suicide.and both are worst .

Depends on what the circumstances are. Since you're qualifying this as a "mercy" killing, I'm presuming you're putting someone or something that is either mortally wounded or mortally ill and in great pain out of its misery. If so, I'd say it's justified if the person asks for it.

Better to die with some dignity on your own terms than to wallow in pain just because you believe Jehovah fated it.

Lazarus

Mercy killing in what way? Pulling the plug on a loved ones life support if they'll probably never wake up?

In that case, yes. I'd rather be dead because thats no life at all. The same with if I was retarded. I'd rather be dead. I'd thank and love anyone that had the cuts to be so kind as to end my life.

The stuation is what would be the grounds for moral killing. If it is done to end the life of a person that has no chance of surviving a accident and there is only one other person around that can't save the physical body. That person has the choice of either sitting around and waiting for the other person to die or hasten the process.

Mercy killing is never justified. But it happens.

i believe so, if the situation is bad enough. for some people the situation is so bad its like torture, so why make them live when it will not get any better? what right does anyone have to keep a person in so much pain?

in no other situation is it moral. they can of course kill themselves but thats another matter.

No. Mercy killing is a nice way of saying murder.

If my horse breaks her leg, putting her out of her misery is another matter.

• A2Z

Murder, Suicide, and Illicit Gains Prohibited

[4:29] O you who believe, do not consume each others' properties illicitly - only mutually acceptable transactions are permitted. You shall not kill yourselves. GOD is Merciful towards you.

[4:30] Anyone who commits these transgressions, maliciously and deliberately, we will condemn him to Hell. This is easy for GOD to do.

[4:31] If you refrain from committing the gross sins that are prohibited for you, we will remit your sins, and admit you an honorable admittance.

http://www.submission.org/suras/sura4.htm

Yes. Imagine you were dying, painfully and slowly. Would you rather be left to suffer, or have your suffering ended? It would be cruel to keep you alive in that situation, unless you expressed the wish to do so.

• Apple

i dont get whats "mercy killing".. can u explain a bit:)