Which religion allows a man to ....?

beat his wife?

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (Ali's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

Favorite Answer

Islam. and also said (muhammad) I stood at the gate of the fire and saw that the majority of those who entered it were women.

there's no religon of god that allows a man to beat his wife. the two greatest commandments are: love god, and the second one is love your neighbor as you would love yourself since your wife and you become one flesh to demonstrate this type of violence towards her you are actually doing it to yourself. so why would you beat yourself?also if you cannot connect with your wife so that she submits to you then you are the problem not her and this shows a lack of restraint and intelligence on your part if you resort to using your fists to express yourself.

Mine is a patriarchal Religion and it doesn't allow a man to beat his wife. LDS

In fact my church teaches us to treat our wives with honor and respect as equals, and to also listen to them when we discus family and other things.

NO''NO''NO

God said to love your wife like he love the church

don't know were you get your info, But my wife is my equal and my friend, And I know God gave her to me, When God gives you some one you take care of her [ ANY man that beats his wife needs to be in prison]

If you can find a religion that allows you to beat your wife I pray she turns your stupid ass in and you go to jail for a really long time, and have a cell mate named bubba and he is real horny boy

My scriptures tell me to love my wife as Christ loves the Church, and gave Himself for her.

Source(s): I think it is in Ephesians chapter 5

All the patriarcal religions.

All the good ones.

All monotheisms.

• Megan

although I agree with you, the bible does make sexist statements as well.........it is to read carefully.....