Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

Is it true that more people with tattoos develop Multiple Sclerosis as they age?

I read this in a study in the New England Journal of Medicine.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That sounds like someone is just trying to turn nonsense into fact. I have never once heard anything like that, and myself and my family have a medical background.

• 1 decade ago

That's what I say... I wanna see the article... this is the biggest load I think I've ever heard and can't believe it until I see some serious facts. Sounds more like New England Journal of Made-up Medicine...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd like to see this study. Not only am I a nurse, but a Mom of a daughter that has MS. My daughter is 32, and has never had a tattoo, and has had MS since she was 21. I'm going to look up this report, as I read everything about MS. ~~~

• 1 decade ago

That is the first time I've heard that one!

I have MS and no, its not from tattoos!!

Even though I should have got one when my body was numb :)

just kidding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would have to read & evaluate the study before I believed it..

Give us the reference location...

• tanj
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

sounds like bs to me

• 1 decade ago

That just sounds rediculous!

I say NO.

• 1 decade ago

No this is not true. Do some more resurch.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.