How do I wrap a piano for kids?

We're giving them an electric piano and I wanted a creative way to surprise them. There's five of them, so I thought of maybe putting one letter of P-I-A-N-O in a box for each of them to open - got any better ideas? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The way I got my first piano ( electris yahmaha psr 72) was fun. I unwrapped a box that had an adapter and I thought great a plug ( I was nine) then I had to go to my stocking and got a note saying sorry couldn't fit your present under the tree...SANTA. I strated to get upset so mom turned over the note... have you tried looking in the tape machine.... ( it was 1989) I looked and there was ta pe I pressed play and heard pianoman by billy joel. I turned around and mom came out from the dining room holding the keyboard. ( she had hid it on the chair seats under the table. but you could also put musical clues around the house too. like I have a staff but am not an employer ( music) I have notes but I'm not a person. I see things in black and white tones and semi tones what am i? ( piano)

Hide the letters through out the house and when they find all of the letters they can put them together themselves to see what it says. Play the hot or cold game. Each kid takes a turn in finding a letter, as that child gets closer you say warm, hot, hotter You got it" This will make the surprise last longer and they will all anticipate the finding of the letters. Great idea to get them a piano, this sounds like something they will all enjoy!!!! happy holidays!!!!

First off, what does your piano look like? Is it big? Does it come in a big box? Wrap it with several wrapping paper and put a fabric and a bow over it. Good luck!

That sounds like a great idea, but maybe on the back of the letter, you could put clues for them to find it, and then dont forget to put a big bow on the front of it!

no I think thats a fabulous idea. Maybe a scavenger hunt where they find things that go with the piano like accessories and piano books.

I think you should stick with your idea. Its really cute. I would love to see there confused face after they open the first letter.

i think that is a great idea! It will take them awhile to figure out what it all means. you could also make the letters different sizes and colours, so it takes even longer for them to figure out they go together to form a word!

:) Happy holidays!!!!!!!

scramble the letters such as you are good kids but you've been a pain so the answer is no an no pan in o for you this year

• nobody

cover their heads with wrapping paper and walk them to the piano and let them feel it and see if they can tell you what it is

very carefully.

Alternatively:

Yo yo its a piano, and …shoot what rhymes with piano?

Try again…

ok…

here

Hey kids its holiday time

and so I made up this rhyme

and so on…

rap it up