Medical, Stye?

Every 2 or 3 months I get a stye on my left eye...I've been to the dr and they give me this salve to put on...what can I do to prevent it? And do you think it has something to do w/ having two toddlers that go to daycare?

Favorite Answer

I used to get them when I was younger. They are caused by clogged pores at the base of the eyelashes (that is what I was told. I used warm compresses and washed my face regularly to help reduce them. An ophthomologist also told me to wash the eyelids with baby shampoo (so it won't sting). That helped for a while, then I got one that was so bad I needed a minor surgery to remove it. Never got one agaim, that was almost 20 years ago.

It will come on the lids- atiny knot either in upper or lower lid. when it becomes hard with multiple stys it is called challazion. u must have a medicine to cure and prevent recurrance. it is available in homeoipathyy only. here is the prescription.

STAPHYSAGRIA 200/5ML/NO.40 GLOBULES.

DOSAGE: 5 TABLETS ON TONGUE AT BED TIME FOR A WEEK.

2. SILIVEA 200/5ML/NO.40 GLOBULES.

DOSAGE 5 TABLES ON TONGUE 7 AM AND 11 AM FOR A WEEK ALONG WITH THE ABOVE PRESCRIPTION. STY WILL DISAPPEAR AND U WILL BE RELIEVED PERMANANTLY OF THIS SUFFERING.

ALSO CHECK UR VISION IT MAY BE THE CAUSE.