Does anyone else love their family but just HATE getting together for Christmas because its miserable?

I saw this Family Holiday Survival Kit skit on You Tube and related to it so much. Does anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-ctuBFAUg

Favorite Answer

I can totally relate. We now avoid getting together with family at Christmas because of all the issues. So now we get together at Thanksgiving - you show up, eat until you pass out, then leave. Really doesn't get any better than that!

I love getting together with my family for the holidays. I HATE going to the in-laws house. It's so boring. All they do is talk about other people, people I don't know, and it's forbidden to turn on the TV. Plus, there's this whole sibling rivalry that my man and his brother has. It's so annoying. I'm going there tomorrow for Christmas, so I'll be getting drunk before we leave...it's the only way to survive!

• Rachel

All I want to do on Christmas Day is relax, eat and enjoy the day off from work -- but yes, getting together with family is exhausting and makes the day rush by - and in no time we're back to work.

• Nicole

I love my family and love getting together for Christmas. No HATE about it. Every one pretty well behaves and enjoys each others company.

I do with my in-laws. So to get through it I drink a little before I get there I have a few drinks and while I'm there I let myself drift into my own little fantasy world.

Not me i love getting together for Christmas it's sooo awesome!!!

Nope...I can't get enough time with my family.

yes......this is the first year we actually had Thanksgiving separately, and it was wonderful!!!!!