Alex F asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Please Help, my cat is stuck in the walls and i cant get him out...URGENT?

He is stuck in the walls, I dont know where he is and i cant get him out...

Favorite Answer

Call the fire department.

How exactly did the cat get into the walls? Are you having construction done?

That sux! Best thing to do is either use a laser stud finder around the base of the walls...studs are 24" on center from corners, so anything else that beeps would be your cat....or try using a bell to ring and see if the cat meows. If this still does not work, try calling your fire department and they will send a volunteer out to locate your cat. Your cat should get into too much trouble in the walls do you shouldn't worry about that...it may take some time, but you'll get him out! Also, place some catnip at the registers, as he might have got into those as well...and if your basement isn't framed (probably the entry point) put some cat nip down there by the floor joists and patiently wait! Good luck!

take a deep breathe first.Try not to panic. See if you can locate where your cat is first. Is he answering? If not he could just be too scared to move or call out and could be cowering, hiding in an inacessible part of the wall. Try calling softly and see if he answers. Try not to bang the walls to scare him out. You don't want him going deeper in.

Do you think your cat is in a potentially dangerous area where there are exposed electrical currents? If yes, off the power supply and leave out food like the others suggested. Hopefully next morning he'll be hungry enough to figure his way out.

Cats are smart creatures. Give him time and he'll surely come back out.

A lot of times when that happens if you leave the area the cat will come out on it's own. Likely he's not stuck but hiding.

Once you do get him out by whatever method, close things off so he can't get back in, even if it's just with screen wire and a staple gun until you can do a more permanant repair. Once cats find a great hiding place they tend to keep going back to it.

This happened to me with BOTH my cats, and it was really scary. Try not to panic. Call to your cat through the hole, give it some time to come out.

My first cat came out right away.

My second cat answered and eventually came out and I blocked up the hole.

Wait for a mealtime to go by, several hours I would say. If they won't come out, then I'd call the fire department, it might be stuck.

Source(s): personal experience

Well, I always say if they can get in, they can get out, but that's not always the case because they forget how to get out sometimes. Listen to where his meows are coming from and try to talk to him, either in your tounge, or just meow, sometimes it works. Then just bribe him out with some canned cat food or catnip. If you have another cat, the cat that isnt in the wall should be able to help get the stuck cat out. Sorry I wasn't much help. I hope you get your cat out.

Are you for real? That happened with my hampster once. It survived for two months before I lured it back with some food. I can't imagine how that could happend with a cat. Bust a hole in the wall or call the fire department.

Call the fire department, can't you hear him, isn't he meowing somewhere? Try to meow near where you think he is, to locate him. Don't hesitate to even dmolish a small part of the wall, it's easily rebuilt, to get him out, it's awful to die stuck in there, plus the house will stink forever.

Call the fire department or listen closely to see where you can hear meowing and cut through the wall. Call the media so we can see the search and rescue on t.v.

well personally, I really don't know how to answer your question because my kitty is a good kitty who doesn't get stuck in my walls. I hope you get the poor thing out though.