Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 decade ago

when to you does a girl become a woman?

What exactly seperates a girl from a woman in your mind?

Favorite Answer

I don't think that it is an age but a level of maturity and responsibility. Many girls have children, and many women do not. I am 21, about to be 22, and i think that I am a young woman, that stage between a girl and a woman. I live on my own, but I still have a lot to learn and go through in life. I have some maturing still to do, but I am very amture for my age at the same time. It's differnt female to female.

From the age of 11-13.

A girl becomes a woman legally at 18.

A girl REALLY becomes a woman when she becomes emotionally ready to face the challenges of life. Yes this means some 15 year old girls have (in rare cases) become women, and some girls grow old and don't become women ever (I work with one of these).

Those "Women" who can't handle anything emotionally, are still into myspace and soap operas... It doesn't matter if you are 32 years old, you are still a girl. Wheras a 15 year old woman who's mother died and father is a deadbeat and has essentially raised her younger siblings... she is a woman. A 15 year old woman and a 32 year old girl.

So as I said. A girl becomes a woman when she is emotionally ready to face life's challenges on her own. Everyone needs help sometimes, but being emotionally ready to be independant is when a girl becomes a woman.

To me I wouldnt put an age on this question. You become a woman when you take on life's hardships and challenges, and face them head on. As long as someone worries about the frivolities of life ~ car, clothes, hair, comparing to other girlfriends etc... She is still a child, whether she is 13 or 30. But when you realize all the hurt and sadness in the world, usually from experience, and start to care about others and their feelings, needs and wants... And put them ahead of yourself... Take responsibility for yourself, and stand on your own two feet. Then I consider that to be a "woman".

when a girl starts her period she becomes a woman only because she is capable of having children but I feel the mind needs to catch up with the body so therefore a girl doesn't become a woman until she is at least 20 years old.

• I started my period in 4th grade!I think at least 20 or 18 to be a woman.

Source(s): MMMMM

Its funny...one day you just realize you are a woman. You are responsible enough to take care of yourself and make your own decisions.

In response to Eddie, I believe it is when she starts to like her mother again. You know the whole children love their mother, teens hate their mothers, and women make amends with their mothers after the teen years.

Children, in most cases.

The age of 25 in others.

when she's emotionally ready to be a woman and take on all the chalanges and rewards of womanhood.

there's no set age.