kalamibe asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Any tips on healthy eating for a seafood/vegetable hater?

I want to start eating better, but I HATE all seafood and pretty much all veggies! I'm not big on red meat either, hamburger is good, but that's about it. I do like chicken, though. I have been stuggling with my eating habits for years now and can't seem to get a grip on it. I would love to eat more veggies but the taste makes me gag and the texture is just as bad. As for seafood... I'd rather starve! Any suggestions? I've talked to others who say they're the same way, but they still eat some fish and tolerate most veggies, so I don't know what they're talking about when they say "oh, I know exactly what you mean!" ... drives me crazy! I know when I'm old, I'm going to pay for not eating better, I think I already do in some ways.

• REALLY
    Favorite Answer

blend your vegetables up. i do this for my grown children that do not like onion, celery, green beans, cabbage, carrots etc. once you've pureed them, place them in a baking dish or on the stove top. baking is better. mix with your favorite dish. spaghetti, cornbread, lasagna, are ya with me. you will not be able to taste the veggies. in most dishes the veggies cannot be seen!!!

Hm.. maybe you could start with small veggies on the side and work it up.... and for fish and meat, there is other options such as tofu, and thin sliced meat which is pretty good and not too unheathly.

For the veggies, try experimenting with them... like use recipes that cover up the taste if you really can't stand them, like parmesan eggplant (this has alot of cheese, but it has eggplant in it that isn't too distinguishable) or stir-fry with chicken in it... good luck!

Ps. Oh, you can cover up the fish taste by putting it in sushi or other dishes that don't show it up that well.

I found a great way to lose weight fast and keep it off. I do body cleansing. I lost 13 pounds in 9 days and then 28 pounds in less than a month. Cleansing will help the body get rid of toxins. Toxins come from a lot of things like fast food, pollution, food additives and preservatives etc. The toxins get stored in the fat in our body. To shrink the fat, we have to get rid of the toxins by cleansing. This made sense to me and I decided to try a cleanse program and it worked. The weight came off fast and this kept me motivated to keep going, not like other diets where the weight loss it too slow. To learn more call the toll free number 1-877-587-4647 or check out the website. Cleansing was good for me. Good luck whatever you decide to do!

http://thebestcleansingdiet.com

What I have done is: try to find veggies that I can eat raw. Believe it or not, broccoli is much better raw. Then I try to bury them in sweet (made with fake sugar) sauces. My biggest success has been raspberry sauce dip for raw broccoli.

• De S

I have had great results with an all natural product called Isagenix.

This product is only available by distributor.

If you would like more information on this please email me at bignlild@msn.com