What is a class 2 driver's license?

I was browsing jobs online and saw one that said "class 2 license required." I have my class A CDL, but I have no idea what a class 2 is. Can anyone help me?

Favorite Answer

I think it depends on where you live. I have heard the CDL called a class 2 and then they tack on T for truck or B for bus.

Class B cdl is for dump trucks and straight trucks if you have a cdl class a you can drive any vehicle.think may be regular drivers license for car or truck under 25000 lbs maybe .for a uhaul type truck or something like that.

Can't speak for any state other than Michigan -- here a class 2 or a class B license is a chauffeur's license. Unlike a class 1 or class A, where you can pilot big rigs, you have to demonstrate that you can drive long-wheelbase vehicles that don't have trailer "hinge points" like limousines and busses.

Source(s): My wife has a class 2 (chauffeur's) license in Michigan

Here in CA, a class "B" is one step down from an "A". They used to call it a class "2", but changed it to "B". With a "B" or "2", you can drive straight trucks (rubbish, buses, etc.) but not a combination tractor-trailer. If the job as says class 2 required, your "A" is more than enough.