Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

YaYa asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Is this site a message borad?

I think that this site is alot better than a message borad or chat room. what do you think? I like this site because I can answer real questions for real people.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I always thought a message board is more of a dialogue. You post a message, I respond, you can respond back, other people can comment.

This is more of a one way communication tool with little discussion. You ask a question, I answer, that's it.

• 1 decade ago

I think you answered your own question.

If you have a sincere question, ask.

If you have a sincere answer, offer it.

Keep in mind that underaged folk read these messages, they ask questions, and they respond. I personally have made the mistake of thinking everyone in here is an adult (18 +), and they're not. I've had half-a-dozen questions pulled simply because they were too "adult" for the audience, which is truly a cross-section.

So if you really want to talk to people of all ages, here you are!

:-)

Merry Christmas! Happy Channukah!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I much prefer this site to the chat rooms...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's like a message board yes, but a very basic one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a message borat. Nice!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.