Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

what is a good vegetarian dish to make for a christmas meal?

my girlfriend is a vegeterian and im planning to stuff some chicken etc for myself, but what can i make that goes with it that would provide a good meal for a vegeterian?

Favorite Answer

Spinach Cassarole

Make sure what kind of vegetarian she is. If she is a vegan then she will not eat any type of animal product. Be careful with cheese, if she is a vegan, get the tofu cheese from the vegie aisle. If she is a vegetarian that eats shellfish, try some shrimp scampi! NUMS!

Eat the Christmas Tree!

I am a veggie and here's what I serve:

Spinach Ravioli; Tortolini, Veggie Cream chease with bread, brushetta, Brushetta, Salad.

One time I made Mexican rice and served it with beans. You can get Lipton Mexican rice mix that take sbout 15-20 mins to make. Just add water and butter .

Toss some pasta together with chopped tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. The red white and green colors make it look very festive.

We are doing an Italian meal for Christmas. Half of my in-laws are vegetarian. For them it will be Green sald, vegetarian lazagna (spinach, mushrooms, zucchini), assorted rolls. Desert will be cheesecake.

• EDDie

Go to Culinary Chef at http://www.culinarychef.com for recipes, and full holiday menus, including complete vegetarian menus and recipes. Good stuff!

if u wanna go mediteranian, serve hummus, baba ghanoush and mutabbel with arabic bread

if u wanna go Italian, maybe vegetable ravioli, vegetable lasagna or cold pasta. it's ez..just boil some pasta, toss with grilled bell peppers and tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil...yummy!!!!! oh yeah...dun forget to put it in the fridge before u serve.hehe

good luck and merry x mas

This is the holidays, if someone won't eat meat I suggest lots of rum balls and sugar cookies.

Vegetable ratatouille is always good and also spinach stuffed shells