Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

What are the dimensions for the flex pipe on a 1993 Toyota Celica ST? Is it possible to replace just the flex?

The car is a 1993 Toyota Celica ST 1.6L and the flex pipe was damaged. I would like to just change the flex part of the pipe and not the whole thing. I want to use a universal flex pipe and need the dimensions so I know which one to buy. I would also like to know if there are any known problems with changing just the flex part of the pipe.

Favorite Answer

The flex part is probably 2.25" i.d., and the flex can be replaced by itself, just be sure to have a muffler shop do it so they can "wire-weld" the new one in place. GOOD LUCK.

Source(s): ASE Certified technician and exhaust repair tech, 35 years experience.