Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I've been on my period for a month now....whats wrong?

i need advice.....my parents wont do anything and my stepmom wont put me on birth control b/c ill gain weight......what can i do?

Favorite Answer

You need to go see a doctor. If your parents won't make the appointment, then find a family member who will take you, or you need to do it and figure out how to get to there. It is NOT normal to have a period for a month. Not sure if birth control is the answer, either. A doctor needs to decide.

I would suggest that you see an OB/GYN because having a period for a month is not normal. Maybe your doctor can advise of you of some alternatives for your problem such as birth control, provera, or they may administer some tests such as an ultrasound to check for cysts or fibriods.

I hope this helps!

Source(s): personal experience

You definitely need to go see a gynecologist. Maybe she/he can convince your parents you need some type of medication. Also watch out if you are sleepy constantly. You could be losing a lot of iron with extended menstrual bleeding.

• Peachy

you need to go to the doctor. it is not normal to have your periord for a month.