Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I've been on my period for a month now....whats wrong?

i need parents wont do anything and my stepmom wont put me on birth control b/c ill gain weight......what can i do?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You need to go see a doctor. If your parents won't make the appointment, then find a family member who will take you, or you need to do it and figure out how to get to there. It is NOT normal to have a period for a month. Not sure if birth control is the answer, either. A doctor needs to decide.

  • 1 decade ago

    I would suggest that you see an OB/GYN because having a period for a month is not normal. Maybe your doctor can advise of you of some alternatives for your problem such as birth control, provera, or they may administer some tests such as an ultrasound to check for cysts or fibriods.

    I hope this helps!

    Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

    You definitely need to go see a gynecologist. Maybe she/he can convince your parents you need some type of medication. Also watch out if you are sleepy constantly. You could be losing a lot of iron with extended menstrual bleeding.

  • Peachy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    you need to go to the doctor. it is not normal to have your periord for a month.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.