Forgive and Forget?????

You've severed the friendship you used to have with a coworker and haven't spoken with that person about anything other than work for months. This person talked badly about you to several people, has made rude comments pertaining to you, lied about you, pretended that you did things that never happened, and has started leading a lifestyle that you don't agree with? You are completely over it and don't think of this person as a friend in anyway, this person is simply another person that you know of that happens to work with you. You are leaving the job and moving, should you just let it go and be friendly or continue things the way they are and leave without saying anything.

Favorite Answer

leave things the way they are if someonw will do t once they will do it twice learn from mistakes dont make the same one!~

• kvcar2

I think the notion of forgiveness is highly over-rated. I have had friends and boyfriends who have injured me so terribly that for me forgiveness is out of the question. Forgiveness is a choice that I make based on the severity of the action and the ability of the injurer to repent. I don't forget the injury either because to do so, in my opinion, is to make it like it never happened or that it doesn't matter. That being said, dwelling on past injustices is unhealthy and gives the unjurer more power that he or she deserves.

Leave without saying anything. I had the same thing happen to me and I had to quit my job and dump the friend. What is happening, most likely, is that she is having personal problems and decided she is going to cope by talking crap about you and destroying your life to make her feel better about herself. Dump her and never speak to her again. You may want to say something to her before you leave, though like, "I thought you were a better person, but thanks for proving me wrong, now I will have a better life without you in it."

• be the bigger person and say bye to this person it will kill them in the end u will leave this person feeling confused and always wondering if u knew what they were doing and in the end u will look better and feel better about leaving with a big smile on ur face, everyone in the office will know what an idiot this other person is and maybe one day they will let that person know what as asshole they really are

good luck

Leave without saying anything. Or stay with your current mode of behaviour. What do you do now when you cross paths? Do the same thing when you leave. Don't make a scene.

Assuming you are truly the innocent party, I would let sleeping dogs lie. This person clearly cares nothing for you or your friendship, so at the risk of stirring up more garbage, I would quietly move on.

• Mimi

Just move on with your life. That person sounds like a real jerk and you wouldn't be benefiting of anything by trying to be nice to her/him. All they will do is talk smack behind your back anyway. Just move on and be glad that they are no longer negatively impacting your life.

If it's broke, don't fix it.

They've already showed you their true colors.

Don't be something your not. You abviously dont WANT to not say anything and be rude, or you wouldn't be asking about it. Just smile, and say your goodbyes, be nice. Don't lower youself to that persons level just to be spiteful. Be the bigger person.

you dont deserve to be treated like trash i have the same issue witha guy i work with. it's either we're being stubborned or they're just wrong. just leave without saying anything

just leave it the way it is, why start agian, because that person can start doing it again. and the way she llives her life, thats really her business not no one elses.