CaG asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Norton's antivirus product versus the free Yahoo antivirus product?

I have been using Norton's antivirus product for several years and have been pleased with it. But, now that I am using AT&T Yahoo I would like to switch to its free Yahoo antivirus product. Has anyone done this and been satisfied with the protection of the free Yahoo antivirus product?

Favorite Answer

please, read about microsoft Antigen. All antivirus in one !!!

2

Source(s): The Best Antivirus Software : http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?ZQWq

I'm pretty sure that Yahoo uses McAfee, I don't know of any AV software being developed by Yahoo. At any rate, I found both McAfee and Norton lacking. As for a free product, probably the best one out there is AVG Free, when used in combination with a good firewall such as Zone Alarm, it's pretty good.

For the ultimate in protection, I'd go for Panda Platinum (or I think now it's called Panda Internet Security). It's about 70 or 80 bucks a year for up to 3 computers, gives you not only AV protection but also protection against Spyware, Tracking Cookies, dialers, spam, everything. The feature that I like best about it though, is the Parental Filter, so I can keep all the scum away from my kids. You can get a free 30 day trial from Panda.

Oh and stay away from that Microsoft Garbage, I tried it and it allowed SEVERAL popup generators to be installed on my system. Of course, I didn't realize it because it was stopping the pop-ups from showing up, but one day I was trying to run a game on my system and it was going so S>L>O>W>> that I took a look at the process monitor, when I realized I had about 10 pop-up generators running in the background eating up my CPU cycles.

yes i am satisfied with the protection of the free Yahoo antivirus product.i not have virus program in my computer because all program i use is update to yahoo.to check it. if fine .then i will download again .then to open it .if not pass i not use it and never open it.