promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is it real or just a ploy?

i'm assuming its a ploy at this point, this is the second time i've been contacted by a gal supposedly in nigeria africa, both asked for money to come state side, is there a way to prove/disprove this like a trace of sum kind to see if it is truely a ploy & so i can pass it on to others so they don't fall for it

Update:

thanks! i got the answers i was lookin. have a good one.

Spectre1224 out

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Heh, you're a winner.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, the first question would be why is this gal asking you?

Second, what would you gain by sending the money? Just happiness from having donated to someone?

I would think there are numerous legitamate organizations around the world that can assist people with immigration. Tell the gal to contact one of them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know. The thing is you can never actually tell whether someone is lying or not on web messenging when it comes to discovering their real identity. That's the main problem. But you can find a way around that by contacting her through e-mail. Just write an e-mail to her about something and wait fora response. When you get that response her identity and personal information will be revealed to you. Such as the name her e-mail account is registered under.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No its a scam..Youll end up oweing thousangs in the end...You should already know that stuff like this is a big no no..Others have already been notified, its been on myspace, and on tv(several times)..Not to mention common sense

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's one of the most famous scams going today! It was recently featured on one of those TV shows--thie guy has "made" millions stealing from people once he gets them to give up their banking info.

• 1 decade ago

Its a known ploy!

• 1 decade ago

Don't fall for it...how did this lady contact you in the first place.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that is a scam. the person is not even a girl.... I bet that she dose not have a web cam

• 1 decade ago

don't read that. it isn't real. don't give them any information. just delete it. don't reply at all of they will know that your address is active.

• 1 decade ago

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY. THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.