If everytime before you ate meat you had to watch the person kill the animal, would you still eat it?

Favorite Answer

That would probably make me go vegetarian rather quickly.

That is a hard one for me to answer. I can eat fish that I have seen killed and scalled and it did not bother me. Yet I have had a plate of fish set down in front of me with the eyes looking at me and I could not eat it. But I have raised a turkey, goats, and cows at different points in my life and seen them killed and cooked and I could not eat the meat. As a matter of fact I didn't eat meat for a long time after each time that happened which luckly has only been 3 times in my life. These were my pets as far as I was concerned and it tramatic event for me as a child, I can still remember how upset I was.

Yes. In fact, I hunt and personally kill and butcher a large percentage of the meat I eat.

Just because all of the messy part is taken care of behind the scenes and the finished product is displayed in a nice neat little plastic tray does not make its consumption any more or less moral.

I believe that if you are going to eat meat you should be willing to kill it as well.

• Fatima

when I was young, I used to live in a village. My mum n dad used to slaughter chickens, ducks, geese, lambs and rabbits at home and I witness the whole process of how its done. Doesnt mean that when you buy them from the supermarket, you dont know how the meat got there! You just have to accept the fact that god created animals and plants with a purpose, that is, for us, human. As long as the process of slaughtering those animals are done with a word of prayer, I have no problem to eat them .

you are right probably not. I know that meat is flesh of animal but if I had to watch it be prepared for me to eat I would probably pass.

never, thats becoz u r taking a life of an incocent ...due to the animal can't talk and say don't kill me that u kill it...ok i say somthing, ok if u had a baby and a hunter kill ur baby will u be happy never....they kill the baby becoz it can't talk...the same as the animal....its like that either u nor them like to be kill...and their is a saying which says everyone has the rite to live......

Absolutely not... I often tell my husband that if I had lived a hundred years ago and had to dress my own meat that I'd be a vegetarian...

Ummm...if every time you ate vegetables you had to watch the illegals working the fields pee all over it, would you still eat it?

Being the carnivore that i am...yes i would still eat meat!

Hell yes....mmmmmmmmmmm meat.

Try hunting. You will appreciate the meat tyou eat even more

never,i know they have to kill it and we still eat it ,but i would stop after watching them kill it