promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Could any body tell me how to immigrate to Canada, I'm an Engineer but with only one year experience ..... :(

It is not only my greatest desire but my hole life DREAM ... and I really need help .....

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

www.cic.gc.ca - look here

If you find a job here you can get a work permit. However most companies will hire from within Canada before they look outside for an employee. So unless you're applying to a highly skilled job where there is not much competition or you have a lot of knowledge and experince in your field it might be difficult.

You could go to University here and get a Student Permit. This would be a good way to find a job in the country too, since you'd have your feet on the ground and a Canadain education.

For immigration: take the skilled worker test on the website and see if you qualify. If you're a few points short maybe it's something you'd be able to get with another year or two of work in your own country.

If you have family in Canada you can immigrate to be with them.

Or if you have the money and decide to open your buisness in Canada that's another way to get in.

If you can show that you're self-empoyed and can make X amount of money per year you can get in that way too.

It's a lot of work. Look at the website and see where you stand. You might even want to consider getting an attorney who specializes in immigration law. There's plenty of ways to get in, but it will take time, work and money.

Source(s): www.cic.gc.ca
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Evelyn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

1) You need to go to the Government of Canada website to find out about the immigration process. 2) You need to find out if your educational requirements will be accepted by Canadian employers. Engineering is a competitive field here, populated primarily with people who have degrees from Canadian universities. Canada is kind of snobby about what qualifications they will accept. Those from recognized universities in Canada and other Commonwealth countries, Europe, the UK, and the US taking precedence. However, there are lots of foreign students studying here, and coming over here on a student visa might be your safest bet in terms of getting a foot in the door professionally. It's expensive, but it will pay off in the long run.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

where are u from?

u can apply for a work visa first

and then when u get here u can look into the process of immigrating to Canada

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

which country are you from?? maybe you could fine a company to sponor you or call up all the firms you would like to work for and see if they would sponsor you...Toronto is a good city to work in....see if the embassy has any visa information!

I'm from Canada it's a fantastic country and easier to get into than america.

Good Luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you have money, they will let you in. Check out the Canadian consulate in your country of residence.

Or just walk from Mexico to the states and cross over to Canada.

Good Luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.