Are people who blow cigarette smoke in your face rude? Or am I too sensative?

Favorite Answer

No, I don't think you're sensitive. I find people who blow cigarette smoke in my face to be extremely disrespectful of my health.

• Evelyn

I agree with Pat, regrettably some of the rude people also are part of a group that is so disliked to begin with. I hope these people will not supplement any reasons for disliking smokers as people. This is not a common event, what you have described. If anything, what is common is to see smokers move their head and blow out smoke in a direction that hopefully will not drift in the direction of your face. People tend not to notice smokers do these things, so if you disagree with me I encourage you to be more attentive to verify whether or not my observation holds before decrying it. These people who did this to you and that drive thru lady were anomalously rude. One would hope anyway. Smokers know that even second hand smoke to a nonsmoker (who is not used to it) can be really a disruptive, especially when it is in their face. They were either absent minded at the moment or doing it intentionally. Sorry about them.

Depends on the topic of conversation, most of the time smokers cant control their own air, did the smoker apologize? What I do is to step aside if the smoker remains close to me, another solution will be to put a fan near his face i dont know.