Do you think English is Necessary?

Many Spanish/ American don't speak it and do fine. Except Federal Monies keep me in jail and most Yahooligans yell at me asking to take meds which leads to drugs or jailtime. But English is not spoken and most Spanish/Americans do not speak it and do fine.

So do you think it is important to be bashed about linguistically on English. For me in this casemanagement case? So do i care if you do?

Favorite Answer

Ok first of all, I can't really understand most of what you said, but I think I got the gist of it.

YES, learn English! Most Spanish/Americans do fine because they live in areas of the country which are populated with a lot of Spanish-speaking people. But it's truly not fair for immigrants to come to this country and expect us to know how to speak their language. Germans don't expect it, niether do the French, Italian, or Chinese. Why should be have to learn Spanish just because they're overpopulating our country? We should choose to learn whatever second language we want. If I moved to Mexico, I'd learn Spanish even if I could get around "just fine."

Absolutely! If you are going to live in another country,

you need to know the language.

It may keep you out of trouble.

You would want to be able to understand everything

that is said, around or, to you. Any misunderstanding

is not good.

I think getting a good paying job...English is a must.

If you want to sweep floors, or pump gas, or pick tomatoes,

then you can speak any language you wish. If you want to have a job where you are in contact with the public, sorry, you really

need English. English is my third language.

I think it's understandable that you speak your native tongue with other people from your country or other Spanish speaking country, but if English is the recognized official language of the country where you live, you should learn to speak it if you're going to continue living in that country. I knew very little Spanish when I came to Spain, but I soon learned to speak it. At least, in my experience, I don't usually find someone who speaks English where I live.

WTF? I barely understood that, but I will say that yes English is necessary. I have no problem with people speaking Spanish, but keep it in your own home. I grew up in a bilingual household, where english was not the first language, but my family learned English and kept the other language at home.

If you come to America, speak English.

I like english.

Well, if your grammar is that bad, go ahead and use Spanish! I don't care! Just make sure you go to http://espanol.answers.yahoo.com or you'll get reported for doing it in the wrong language.

Is that better?

English is the shiznit.