I have tune up utilities and it says my computer has 64 bit processor?

And the current windows version has only 32 and that I should upgrade from window xp to windows xp professional x64 should I do this or just stay with the windows xp pro.and run on the 32 processor?

Favorite Answer

Wouldn't make any sense to upgrade to WinXP64 now. Windows Vista is about to be released and it has a 64bit version. So stay a bit longer with your WinXP 32 and then upgrade to Windows Vista.

As far as performance I don't see a huge increase using the 64bit Windows over 32bit. I have currently 64 installed on mine but most programs run at 32 bit anyway.

well you can stay but you can get more out of your computer by upgrading it. i would go with the windows xp pro x64.

I have heard of a lot of people having problems finding drivers for the 64bit windows. You may want to check your hardware manufacturers website to see if they have updated drivers before you switch.

You'd need to justify the expense of upgrading but it should help performance.