could this be hernia?

its been two months of me joining the gym. i wear a supporter, but while doing certain excercises (there is one for the arms in which you have to pull down weights) i feel slight pain near my lower stomach.

could this be hernia. how much time does it take for one to get hernia. is surgery the only cure. what all precautions should i take.

would stopping the excercises help?

Favorite Answer

probably ,there is a certain tissue in your stomach which may go down to your testicles which causes enlargement of your testis,, better stop exercising and consult a physician. i once assisted as a scrub nurse on an hernioraphy, dont be afraid coz its not complicated, the surgeons will just put the tissues back to its right place.

Sounds like a hernia to me. You do not have to lift weights to get a hernia. Any strain on your body can cause them. I had a friend get a hernia from straining during a bowel movement. Surgery is the only way to repair a hernia. Generally, you will always be prone to re-injury at the same tissue/muscle site for the rest of your life. I have a friend that has injured the same hernia five times within ten years. It is a simple procedure and easy for a doc to make a proper diagnosis. Stopping exercise may stop the pain but the hernia will not repair itself. Good luck and may you have a Merry Christmas!

Hernias are caused by a combination of muscle weakness and strain. Any abdominal pain related to exercise strain should be investigated with your healthcare provider. You should cease all strenuous exercise until you are examined.