promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do you remove rust from Formica?

Bobby pins leave rust on formica bath sink. Bleach alters formica color and doesn't remove rust. Whink only removes rust from clothing. All ideas welcome.... please!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

try Mr Clean magic eraser, its great for lots of things!~~

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • NY1Krr
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try CLR, its a product that removes calcium lime and rust. Its going to be very difficult though and from my experience the stain never really comes out. You can try a scotch brite pad but it will scuff up the formica. The scuff wont look as bad as the rust.

• 3 years ago

Get some Barkeepers pal. it quite is a powdered cleanser akin to scouring powder yet no longer almost as harsh. It won't scratch your chrome yet will do away with the rust. hose down the exterior, sprinkle, smear the powder around with a sponge and enable it "artwork" for 10-quarter-hour. come back and supply it a sturdy scrub. you will would desire to rinse countless situations to get the powder haze off yet Barkeeper's works great on something steel! Then to maintain your chrome from doing the rust element lower back, take some motor vehicle wax, carry on with in accordance to the instructions on the kit and buff. the motor vehicle wax will seal up the chrome and keep it shining.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can find cheap rust removers at your local market or hardware store. or order on line.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

try lime away its at your local food store by the cleaning stuff i use it on my toilets when that happens it takes calcium and rust buildup off and its safe to use

• Bonno
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

TRY IRON OUT - HOME DEPOT!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.