When you get songs from limewire???

Every time I try to send songs in an email by attaching them as a file they don't work....why not? is it because they are from limewire?

Favorite Answer

Probably your email client is blocking attachments. Check your internet settings and make sure attachments aren't being blocked. Micro$oft is notorious for deciding what is best for us whether we want their options--or lack of--or not. You may have to download a patch for Outlook to enable full attachment capability. And no, it isn't because the songs came from limewire, it's probably because they are mp3's and are being blocked for "antivirus" reasons. Check the web for outlook annoyances fixes.

Source(s): Been there, done that.

You can't send songs directly from Limewire. Limewire puts the songs you download in a locked folder that you cannot get to. To get it so you can send it through e-mail:

1. Click on your shared folder

2. Click the Explore folder (this will open up all of your songs)

3. Select the songs you want to send by holding down the control key and selecting.

4. Right click and go to Send to -> My Documents

5. Attach the songs as a file to your e-mail by browsing through your My Documents folder.

It's really complicated, but once you get the hang of it, it's easier.

Source(s): I figured it out by myself a long time ago.

Yes-that is your problem,limewire! Be really careful with them-my son used to download off of them and it really messed up his laptop, to the point that we could not use it until we had it fixed!Hope this info helped!Good luck!

i think some email services block songs from being sent and received. put the songs in a zip file and then email the zip file. or upload the songs to somewhere like sendspace or yousend it. they will then provide you with a link you can use to download them.