Imagine that you were born on a certain day, but your family chose not to celebrate your birth on that day?

Instead, they chose to celebrate your birthday on the day your worst enemy chose for you. Instead of giving you what you want they choose to give each other gifts because it makes them happy. How would you feel? Jesus was not born on December 25th and yes I can prove it. That day celebrates the winter soltice or a false god, the god of the Sun. Jesus asks only that we remember what he died for, so that we might live, but instead people chose to celebrate what he was born for and that was to die. If you are truley Christian, celebrate his death, he asked that we do that when he said at his last supper "keep doing this in remembrance of me". I love Jesus for all he's done for me, I will honor him in a way that pleases him and his father.

Favorite Answer

You are correct.

The date of December 25 was chosen by the early church to try to attract the followers of other religions. I know for a fact that Jesus was born in the spring. I've even seen an exact date, March 6. December 25 isn't the solstice––it's the birth of Mithra. The Solstice is in fact today. The solstice celebrates the return of light to the world. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Jesus also considered the light of the world? Hence, the association is appropriate. And what is wrong with celebrating His coming to the world? That's what season we are in right now––Advent. If you pay attention to the church year, you will see that ALL aspects of Christ's birth and death are observed or celebrated. Technically we should celebrate His rising from the dead, not his actual death.

There are religions that don't celebrate birthdays on the persons birth day. For example, Greek Ortodox, they celebrate on the Saint's name, this is if your name is Mary, all tha Marys will be celebrating on St Mary Day.

Amen

Too late...

Religion has seeped into the church.

That's why few will enter the kindom of heaven

I think you are in serious condition. Go to a shrink!

I agree