Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

To Medical people. I Just Saw "Requip" Advertised Again. Is RLS real? How Common is it?

Favorite Answer

Here's a good web site that will answer all of your questions:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restless_legs/d...

Yes it is very common. If you are immobile or, down from surgery it can cause a blood clot in your leg. It can eventually get to your lungs. If so your dead. I had a neighbor die of that. He was confined to a wheelchair. Requip is a good drug for treatment because it thins out your blood. I believe that people with heart or blood problems should take a regime of Aspirin along with Requip.